Since 1958, Tex’s Riverways has provided jet boat shuttles along with canoe and kayak outfitting services to groups traveling on the Colorado and Green Rivers near Moab, Utah.
Backed by a solid reputation, our locally owned and operated business emphasizes the ethical treatment of a pristine landscape and offers reliable river shuttles on the Colorado River, the Green River, and to the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park.
In response to Governor Herbert’s Executive Order, effective May 1, 2020, moving the state COVID-19 public health risk status from red (high risk) to orange (moderate risk), Tex’s Riverways is now offering shuttles services for Labyrinth Canyon with the following restrictions:
- Camping restrictions for non-residents remain in Grand County, and since the Green River in Labyrinth Canyon is the county line, there is no camping allowed for non-residents on the river left (Grand County) side. Day hikes are available on both sides of the river.
- Face coverings are required for all interaction with Tex’s Riverways staff and clients, especially put-in and pick-up shuttles. We ask that guests provide their own.
- We are no longer able to allow guest to fill water at our office, so trips must bring their own water. We still provide water jug rentals which are filled by our staff ahead of time.
- To reduce face to face interaction with our office staff, we ask that groups make final payments ahead of time over the phone whenever possible. We strongly discourage cash payments (we know it’s funny, since Tex’s Riverways has only accepted cash on launch day for the last 60 years).
- Group size is limited to 20 people
Before making your decision to use our services, be aware that groups may be sharing shuttle space with other parties. This especially applies to smaller groups.
Canyonlands National Park will re-open for back country river trips on May 30th, at which time we will resume Meander Canyon shuttles, Stillwater Canyon shuttles, and all jet boat operations.
We are still offering Tex Credits to all of our customers whose travel plans have been interrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Tex Credits are equal to any non-refundable deposit held by Tex’s Riverways. Tex Credits do not expire, are fully transferable, can be applied as deposit for future trips, and can be redeemed for any service or product that Tex’s Riverways offers. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding during these trying times. We will be in the office regular hours from 8am to 4pm 7 days a week, so feel free to give us a call. Remember to always look downstream, and don’t paddle too fast. Stay safe and healthy.
We are extending our season to November 21st to make it easier for groups to reschedule, and we are currently accepting new reservations. Request a Reservation