Since 1958, Tex’s Riverways has provided jet boat shuttles along with canoe and kayak outfitting services to groups traveling on the Colorado and Green Rivers near Moab, Utah.
Backed by a solid reputation, our locally owned and operated business emphasizes the ethical treatment of a pristine landscape and offers reliable river shuttles on the Colorado River, the Green River, and to the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park.
COVID-19 Operating Protocols
We are doing our best to mitigate everyone’s exposure to COVID-19, and ask that you help in the following ways:
- If testing is available in your home town, we recommend people get tested prior to traveling. Do your part in reducing asymptomatic transmission. Moab has 17 hospital beds and NO ICU.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19, stay home! If you, or a member of your party, experience an onset of symptoms during your trip you must isolate your group from other parties. These means separate beaches for jet boat pick-ups. You must also inform your shuttle driver/pilot of the situation from a safe distance, so proper precautions can be taken.
Symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher) or chills
- Cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- Sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- Muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition, or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)
- Loss of taste or smell
- Face Masks are mandatory for all participants inside Tex’s Riverways office and shuttles. This includes the jet boat. No exceptions.
- We recommend you come on your trip as prepared as possible from home. This means shopping for food and supplies from the community your trip originates from.
- Please expect that other reservations may be included in your shuttle both to and from the river.
- The water hose outside our building for filling water jugs will no longer be available. If you are renting water jugs, they will now be pre-filled before your arrival. If you are bringing your own water containers, we recommend sourcing from home.
- Customers will no longer be able to store food in, or have access to, our refrigerator. If you have consumables you want to arrive with the jet boat for your pick-up, they must be non-perishable. We can add ice the morning of your pick-up to chill drinks. If you have medication that needs to be chilled during your trip, ask a staff member, and we will store it for you.
- Some areas in our office are no longer available to non Tex’s Riverways staff. Please read and respect the signs.
- All reservations include a copy of our waiver. Trip Leaders should print and sign it before arrival, and it can be distributed with other group members outside our office.
- We encourage you to settle any remaining balance prior to arrival to reduce office traffic. This can be done over the phone, toll free (877) 662-2839, or (435) 259-5101. We are still be able to process payments the day of your trip, in the office. Cash is still accepted.
Our winter office hours are Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm. We are accepting reservations for the 2021 season. Request a Reservation